Medical Records Clerk
- Jul 26, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
South Hills Rehab & Wellness Center is hiring for a Medical Records Clerk job in Canonsburg,PA
Education & Qualifications:
* Graduate of an accredited High School or GED preferred.
* Knowledge of office procedures, medical terminology, typing, filing, transcriptions, and computers is required.
* A physical examination and /or evidence from a physician indicating freedom of communicable disease to be available upon employment.
* Ability to work independently or part of a group.
* Effectively communicate with others.
*Previous long-term care experience desirable. Computer knowledge preferred.
* Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
* Move intermittently during the work hour.
* Sits, stands pushes, bends, stoops and walks intermittently through the workday.
* May lift and move patients and equipment.
* Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
* Is involved in community/civic health matters/projects as appropriate.
* I subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
* Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel and other department personnel.
* Works beyond normal waking hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (EG> severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc. )
* Attends and participates in continuing education programs.
* Is subject to injury form falls, burns from equipment, bruise, scratches, and odors, etc throughout the work day, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke and air contaminants.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including but not limited to TB, Aids, and hepatitis B, Blood borne Pathogen exposure - Category One ( High Exposure Risk).
* May be subject to handling of and exposure to hazardous Chemicals.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Knowledge of elderly, ill, and/or disabled.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willing need to handle difficult residents.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
* Basic understanding fo the following step-by-step procedures.
* Follows and understands the written and oral directions.
* Knowledge or equipment used in long-term care (e.g., Lifts, wheelchairs, Geri Chairs, and scales).
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the work place.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
* Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable stress senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this positions can be fully met.
* Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with resident personnel, and support agencies.
* Must meet the general health requirements set forth b the policies of this facility, which includes a medical and physical examination.
* Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50(fifty) pounds to a minimum height of 4 (four) feet and be able to push, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 2 (two ) feet.
* May be necessary to assist in evacuation of residents during emergency situations.