Personal Care Aides
- Apr 28, 2017
Unlimited Care is hiring for a Personal Care Aides job in Poughkeepsie,NY
The personal care aide provides care and related services in the home. This is a person who carries out health related tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse or licensed therapist who may also provide assistance with personal hygiene, housekeeping, and other related supportive tasks to a patient with health related needs in his/her home. The HHA functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the staff nurse and the director of nursing, reports directly to the PSA and is supervised by the Registered Nurse.
Unlimited Care, Inc. offers employees state approved free training programs leading to certification based on their specific responsibilities. These programs successfully train employees in a broad range of skills which help provide our patients with superior quality health care.
We also offer ongoing education and in-service programs for our staff, to help maintain their certification, and support them so that they can deliver state-of-the-art skills.
Choose Unlimited Care & Receive
- Job placement by our Patient Service Associates and
- Specialists who match your abilities and needs with
the needs of patients and families
- Flex hours to fit your schedule
- High-level weekly compensation
- Bonus incentive programs
- Free certification training programs
- Vacation pay for qualifying personnel
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Health insurance plans
- 401K pension plan
Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to:
- Helping the patient maintain good personal hygiene:
- care of hair including shampoo,
- ordinary care of nails,
- assists with dressing
- Changing bed linen;
- Assisting the patient with toileting activities.
- Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
- Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary.
- Assists with certain treatments as ordered by the physician and approved and supervised by the nurse,
- monitors and records temperature, pulse and respiration when required.
- Assists the therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative processes.
- Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan.
- Attempts to promote patient’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest.
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household.
- Establishes a relationship with patient and family, which transmits trust and confidentiality.
- Reports any change in the patient’s mental or physical condition to his/her immediate supervisor
- Follows universal precautions whenever giving any aspect of patient care.
- Follows emergency procedures in the event of any incident, e.g., accident, injury, or significant change in the patient’s condition.
- Carries out assignments as instructed by the nurse
- Works with personnel of other community agencies involved in the patient’s care as directed by the nurse.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the patient
- Attends In-service as required by state and federal regulations.
- Confirms the scheduling of visits with the Supervisor to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel.
When you want to make a difference in people’s lives, join our dedicated health care team!
For over 40 years, Unlimited Care, Inc. has specialized in the placement of professional and paraprofessional staff for in-home and in-facility health care services. We are committed to providing patients and their families with the highest quality health care throughout every stage of their lives. When you join our dedicated team, you will have unlimited opportunities to make a difference in peoples’ lives, in and around your community.
UCI is an EOE