- May 24, 2017
Country Meadows is hiring for a Internship job in Bridgeville,PA
Title: Health Occupations Internship
Position Summary: Opportunity to gain experience and learn about the different departments in a personal care home setting. Rotational experience in the following departments: Activities, Dietary – front and back of the house, Front Desk, Human Resources, Housekeeping, Landscaping and Front Office. Shadowing experience will be available for direct care positions. 8-10 week paid internship available for HOSA students.
Routine Functions of the Position:
Intern will be trained in the core skills for each position and fill in for staff vacancies.
- Dining Associate –Assist with all aspects of the dining room operations in accordance with company standard. Assist with meeting or exceeding resident dining expectations. Ensure proper cleaning, storage, and availability of all Dining Services cookware, dishware, etc. Keep dining areas or dish room areas clean and sanitary.
- Housekeeping –Under direct supervision, performs daily cleaning tasks for resident rooms, nursing stations, lounges, restrooms, offices, clinic areas, and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Housekeeping Department and in accordance with facility standards and objectives.
- Activities- Works to encourage resident participation in activities. Assists the Community Life Coordinator and/or Community Life Associate with daily activities.
- Human Resources – Assist campus Employment Specialist with recruiting events, reviewing applications, completing references and assisting with phone screens.
- Front Office –Welcome visitors and answer incoming calls in a warm, pleasant, and professional manner. Maintain a clean and neat reception area, handle specific resident services and seek administrative support as needed.
Identify the critical success factors:
- Effective organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail and follow through
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Practicing safe work practices.
- Ability to work with immediate supervisor effectively
- Ability to work in harmony with co-workers
- Attendance at and participation in meetings
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and comprehend the same.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Lifting/carrying (40 lbs.) and push/pull 50lbs
- Continuous standing (100%)
- Walking (50%)
- Frequent pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, and bending
- Normal range of hearing and vision, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Equipment use: walk-in and reach-in coolers / steam tables / mixers / tongs / knives / spatulas / plates / griddles / ovens / broilers / microwaves / ladles / measuring utensils/ etc.
- Must be capable of operating: computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, and other general office equipment
- Current Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) member.
- Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!