Sr. Director, Product Marketing, Rheumatology
- Mar 08, 2017
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Senior Director, US Marketing is a key member of the US Commercial Team; focused on leading the successful launch and maximizing the commercial potential of Otezla, and future potential products.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage a 2-3 member team focused on HCP strategy and promotion
• Manages the selection, appraisal, coaching and feedback, training, developmental process for product managers within his/her department.
• Assumes responsibility for directing and monitoring promotional agencies; inclusive of strategic direction, output, and financial accountability
• Manages allotted HCP budget while maximizing effectiveness of resources and funds.
• Act as a key point for interaction with payer team
• Act as a key contact for Regional Sales directors to maximize impact with customers
• Participates on multi-disciplinary teams to represent marketing perspective on cross-functional issues (i.e. Market Research, Medical Affairs, Sales, Reimbursement).
• Successfully plans and executes programs at National and Regional Sales Meetings to drive brand objectives
• Develops and implements successful plans to support the launch of Otezla
• Develops and enhances strong relationships with important external stakeholders/KOLs; including strategy development, execution, and relationship building.
• Acts as a key commercial leader in the development of lifecycle strategies (e.g. phase 4 studies)
• Develops and implements annual business & marketing plans.
• Bachelor's Degree. At least ~10+ years industry experience with ~8+ years of marketing/equivalent experience
• Proven track record of effective leadership of functional and cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, and act collaboratively.
• Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments.
• Strong project/process management skills combined with managing multiple tasks/effective prioritization.
• Ability to interact with, influence and provide direction to various functions.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.