- Apr 11, 2017
As the Manager Dining Services EX your talent will have a tremendous impact on every patient and resident we serve. Because as the Manager Dining Services EX, literally every aspect of our dining experience starts with you. You'll be responsible for staffing, food ordering and preparation, food delivery and clean up in accordance with facility policies, physician orders, resident care plans and appropriate regulations. Our Manager Dining Services EX will also promote an environment that fosters creative thinking, problem solving and empowerment. You'll have a lot on your plate but you'll have our full support. After all we know that there's nothing like a home cooked meal to help patients and residents feel more at home. It all starts with our Manager Dining Services EX.
Manage the operation of the Dietary Department to include staffing, food ordering and preparation, food delivery and clean-up in accordance with facility policies, physician orders, patient care plans and appropriate regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan facility and individual resident menus in conjunction with the Dietitian utilizing Company menu program.
- Participate in regularly scheduled conferences and meetings in the center and outside training meetings.
- Ensure food and supplies are purchased within budget and are timely and available for each meal.
- Ensure food is nutritional, appetizing, prepared per menu and recipes and served in a timely manner. Ensure appropriate meals/snacks are served to residents.
- Utilizes menu and patient care software.
- Monitor food production maintaining use of standardized recipes and menus and ensuring proper preparation, food handling and storage of food and supplies. Maintain the highest level of quality and timeliness of food service.
- Orient new staff, create job assignments and cleaning schedules.
- Provide ongoing education and training to all dining staff.
- Meet Company policies and state and Federal regulations for food and nutrition services provided.
- Create work schedules and manage labor budget.
- Maintain records per policy.
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly; ensure strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaners or hazardous materials or objects; ensure universal precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed; and promptly address any hazardous conditions and equipment.
- Active involvement with quality assurance program, survey preparedness and QAPI meetings.
- Screens/visits all residents to obtain diet history and food preferences.
- Communicates dietary issues to Registered Dietitian and other clinical team members.
- - High school diploma or equivalent
- State approved dietary manager certificate or become certified within one year from hire date
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) , preferred
- Minimum of 1 year in hotel, restaurant, school, prison or armed services food service experience
- Certification for food protection (i.e. ServSafe or equivalent preferred)