Direct Support Professionals
- Aug 22, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Koinonia Homes Inc. is hiring for a Direct Support Professionals job in Cleveland,OH
Koinonia Homes, Inc. (coin-oh-knee-ah) is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) healthcare organization that provides residential and adult day support services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) throughout Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Founded in 1974, it is the largest private healthcare provider of IDD services in the county.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Ohio Drivers License*
- Vehicle Liability Insurance
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to stand, sit, stoop, kneel and lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must pass a criminal background check
WHO WE ARE
Koinonia Homes, Inc. (coin-o-nee-yah) is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) healthcare organization that provides residential and vocational services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) throughout Cuyahoga County , Ohio. We are the largest provider of IDD services in the county, serving over 270 individuals and employing 500 staff members.
OUR ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
The organization has established separate LLC divisions that operate under the auspices of Koinonia Homes, Inc. according to service type and funding stream:
Koinonia Homes, Inc.
- Oversees two licensed waiver residential, forty-four supported living sites and foster care
Koinonia Community Services, LLC
- Oversees nine ICF/MR sites under contract with the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Koinonia Partners Unlimited, LLC Oversees nine private ICF/MR sites
- Koinonia Enterprises, LLC Oversees operations of current Adult Day Support and Vocational Services
When Koinonia Homes, Inc. first opened its doors in 1974 to eight women at Leans House, supporters believed that with guidance and assistance, individuals with IDD could participate in everyday community life and be contributing citizens in a meaningful way.
We are looking for exceptional healthcare people who want to make a difference by working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.This is Direct Care position requiring travel to different locations.
Please visit us at our website by clicking the "Apply Now" button to view career opportunities and apply.